Tuesday, January 6, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days Challenge Day No. 6 - "Dinner At Low Tide" - Snowy Egret by Mary Beth Brath

Dinner At Low Tide by Mary Beth Brath

I have taken the challenge by Leslie Saeta to complete 30 paintings in 30 days. Each painting will be 6x6" on canvas paper. I picked a theme of birds to keep me focused. The 30 birds chosen as subject matter are all birds that I have spotted over the years. Most are common in my region.
 Painting No. 6
My husband is from Southern New Jersey and I have been fortunate to enjoy the shore most of my life. Phillip's family owned a marina on a bay and at low tide the mud in the lagoon would attract Snowy Egrets. Being a "birder", I would love to sit on the dock and watch the egrets pull various creatures out of the mud. I found it so ironic how these brilliant white sophisticated birds would eat such a nasty looking meal while standing in the mud. Oh how I love nature.
 
The paintings are available for purchase at $100 each - unframed. Shipping included. Sales tax of 6% if in the state of Pennsylvania. Contact me at mbbbrath@gmail.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment