Wednesday, January 28, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days Challenge Day No. 28 - Ring-necked Pheasant by Mary Beth Brath

Ring-necked Pheasant by Mary Beth Brath

I have taken the challenge by Leslie Saeta to complete 30 paintings in 30 days. Each painting will be 6x6" on canvas paper. I picked a theme of birds to keep me focused. The 30 birds chosen as subject matter are all birds that I have spotted over the years. Most are common in my region.

Painting No. 28
 
Today's bird is the Ring-necked Pheasant. This bird was a lot of work to paint. The digital image came out cooler than the actual painting. Posting artwork online is a joy but artwork must be viewed in person to see the true colors, textures and details etc.
 
The paintings are available for purchase at $100 each - unframed. Shipping included. Sales tax of 6% if in the state of Pennsylvania. Contact me at mbbbrath@gmail.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment