Monday, January 26, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge Day No. 26 - Common Loon by Mary Beth Brath

Common Loon by Mary Beth Brath

I have taken the challenge by Leslie Saeta to complete 30 paintings in 30 days. Each painting will be 6x6" on canvas paper. I picked a theme of birds to keep me focused. The 30 birds chosen as subject matter are all birds that I have spotted over the years. Most are common in my region.

Painting No. 26
 
Today's bird is the Common Loon. Did you know that loons have a hard time standing since their legs are so far back? This is why you always see photos and artwork of this bird while they are lying in their nest or floating in the water. They nest right next to the water's edge so they don't have to walk. 
 
The paintings are available for purchase at $100 each - unframed. Shipping included. Sales tax of 6% if in the state of Pennsylvania. Contact me at mbbbrath@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment