Sunday, January 25, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days Challenge Day No. 25 - Black Crowned Night Heron by Mary Beth Brath

Black Crowned Night Heron by Mary Beth Brath

I have taken the challenge by Leslie Saeta to complete 30 paintings in 30 days. Each painting will be 6x6" on canvas paper. I picked a theme of birds to keep me focused. The 30 birds chosen as subject matter are all birds that I have spotted over the years. Most are common in my region.

Painting No. 25
 
Today's bird is the Black Crowned Night Heron. I have only seen one of these herons. It was about 25 years ago at my husband's family marina in Southern New Jersey. I was so fascinated watching the large, clunky bird roost in a cherry tree that was on a tiny island in the lagoon.
 
The paintings are available for purchase at $100 each - unframed. Shipping included. Sales tax of 6% if in the state of Pennsylvania. Contact me at mbbbrath@gmail.com.
 

2 comments:

  1. Cool looking bird, have never seen one. Nice color palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee. They are a strange shape and I have only seen one. I am sure people that go bird watching often see them regularly at the shore. Thanks for stopping by the blog to comment.

    ReplyDelete