Monday, September 19, 2011

50 Daily Paintings in 50 Days #8 and #9 by Mary Beth Brath

50 Daily Paintings in 50 Days


#8 - "Together Forever"
2 1/2" x 3 1/2" ATC - ACEO Mini Linen Canvas Paper


#9 - "Elissa Gore at the Gettysburg Artist Colony"
2 1/2" x 3 1/2" ATC - ACEO Mini Linen Canvas Paper

 The "50" challenge has made me search through my photo reference files from June and July.
#8 - "Together Forever"  - I came across these trees at Cook Forest State Park PA while hiking this summer. Wish I could have painted it plein air while I was there but my family was eager to find the next discovery along the trail. I would love to see David Bottini and James Browne paint their versions of this scene.

#9 - "Elissa Gore at the Gettysburg Artist Colony" -  This summer I worked as a consultant for the Gburg Artist Colony.  Elissa came all the way from NYC to participate in the event.

3 comments:

  1. Two new little treasures, Mary Beth! You are really moving along here with your challenge - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique phenomenon! Are those two trees growing over rocks? Love the artist piece as well. That looks like one unique and creative artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - those are roots reaching for the soil. Working on the mini ATC cards is very challenging. The size of the huge trees is lost in this composition. If I would make a studio painting of this one, I would keep the scale in mind.
    The second painting of Elissa Gore was a good figure study.

    ReplyDelete