Thursday, July 14, 2011

Studying with Bill Schmidt at the Gettysburg Art Colony by Mary Beth Brath


During the juried artist colony at this year's Gettysburg Festival, Master Artist Bill Schmidt http://www.billschmidt.net/ taught onsite at Beech Springs Farm.  I started to draw out my idea on canvas and block in some color when Bill came by to take a look.


He asked if I would mind if he made some suggestions.  Well, I was more than happy to have him help. He pulled out a piece of charcoal and this was the result.


I continued to block in colors and adjust lines but ran out of time to finish.  Below is the current state of the painting as it was at the end of the plein air session.


I hope to work on this today to completion. Sometimes a plein air painting is not completed onsite.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Mary Beth. Can't wait to see it completed. Good luck with your NY exhibit. Can't wait to read about it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete