Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Artists and Collectors


Artist Deb Richardson and a Happy Collector


Artist Susan Gray and Happy Collectors



Artist Pat Keough and a Happy Collector

Organizing and Curating Events is a very exciting part of my artistic journey. During the Gettysburg Festival I was able to watch these highly disciplined plein air artists work in very humid 90 degree weather. On the last day of the paint out, we had a fantastic exhibit and sale of our work. These photos show 3 artists that sold work at the exhibit.
At the end of the exhibit, I was already busy gathering artwork to show in a gallery Patriotic Group Exhibit in Mechanicsburg. I am currently organizing a large group exhibit for the Daily Painters of Pennsylvania that will hang in the PA State Capitol Building East Wing Rotunda during the month of September.
Curating and Planning Events has become a passion of mine. There is something so special about bringing together the artist and the collector whether it is in a gallery setting or an independent exhibit.
If you are looking for a curator for an upcoming event, contact me at mbbrath@verizon.net.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I think your work is great. I can imagine that the artists loves that you are helping them to show as much as possible at the public. That's a very important task. And than your working also on the paintings of your own, which I love.
    Bye, a lot of succes with all your plans.
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always tell when someone loves what they do, Mary Beth - and you organize and plan events better than any person or organization I have ever worked with. It is always a pleasure to participate in an event that you have planned - one always knows exactly what is expected, and when it is to happen, and that it's going to be a fantastic event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great niche for you, Mary Beth. You are an excellent organizer and you always keep a bright shiny expression on your face. I enjoy being a part of your events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lyn! And I love being a part of Art & Soul Gallery. A neighbor of mine just stopped by my house 10 minutes ago to tell me he saw my work in Lemoyne at your gallery.

    ReplyDelete