Monday, January 11, 2010

Bellefonte PA Mini ATC - ACEO by Mary Beth Brath

Bellefonte PA Mini ATC - ACEO
by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Mary Beth Brath
Acrylic on an ATC - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
$50


Located in the middle of Pennsylvania is a very charming Victorian town called Bellefonte. My husband and I have traveled through this town for about 25 years while going from one side of the state to the other. I did a larger version of this scene and recently created this mini ATC - ACEO.
There is something missing from the scene and that is the reason for the painting. A wonderful old hotel so typical of our PA towns was demolished a few years ago in Bellefonte. The hotel would have been in the top right section of the composition.

The Rest Of The Story To This Painting
In January 2011, I finally figured out what I still needed to do to this painting. I reworked some details, colors and added a man walking a dog. Funny thing, I put it in one of my brick and mortar galleries and it sold 2 hours later. I never even took a picture of the final outcome.
...and that is the rest of the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment